Hey Everyone! Ashley from across the way at What’s She Reading was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. She is an absolute sweetheart and if you haven’t checked out her site, you should definitely head right over there. Just clickety-click on the link above 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees
Of course, being a newbie, I had no idea that this even existed and I’m more than happy to jump on board and nominate some bloggers that I enjoy quite a bit.
- I’ve worked in fast food, insurance, advertising, and retail. All of which, I did not like. If I had things my way, I’d be out of college and working in the publishing industry. Or better yet, I’d be writing for a living; which leads to my next fact…
- I’ve written a novel. No, it’s not currently being published and I haven’t sent it anywhere. But I’ve been working on it for ten years; years that have witnessed one novel turn into several novels. Maybe one day… Maybe.
- My favorite color is green and I’m obsessed with trees. Every room in my house has tree décor: iron tree sculptures, tree-like lamps, birds in tree decals on the ways, tree limb paintings, trees, trees, trees.
- I’m currently engaged to the same man I’ve been with since high school. Cue the “Awwww!” Fortunately he loves books too. Unfortunately we both hoard books. Our TBR piles are out of control.
- I’m incredibly stubborn. Hardheaded. Sometimes opinionated to a fault. Hard to please. The list goes on and on really….I should stop before I start making myself look really bad. However I think I’ve already accomplished that. J
- I’m back in college, after three years of separation. I started out going to school for Radiology Technology. Now I’m going back for my English degree. Which is what I should have done to begin with. Ah well!
- I’m a vintage collector. I love antiques and anything old. My usual Saturday involves making rounds to estate and garage sales and getting filthy with dust and grime. It’s the way I like it and my allergies don’t mind.
- Classic Rock is my constant. I grew up listening to my Dad’s Cassette tapes and fell in love with the 60’s and 70’s. Currently I’m pretty head-over-heels for Neil Young.
- I drink way too much coffee. And when the heartburn starts killing me, I switch it up for energy drinks. Yeah…I’m not what people call healthy. But hey, I sure am happy ;P
- I have what I call knotted-tongue syndrome. For some reason, be it DNA or an underlying speech impediment I’m not fully aware of, when I talk in person I get all my words wrong. I stumble through simple sentences and look like a total dope.
- I have an embarrassing amount of pens. I don’t know why I have all these pens. I only use two…
1.) What book do you wish people would just stop talking about?
Where She Went by Gayle Forman. I’m probably the only person out there that didn’t really want to know where she went. I let my mind answer that for me and I’m happy with my imaginations result.
2.) What author (living or dead) do you wish you could meet?
Gillian Flynn, because I had the honor of listening to her present at my local library after she just released her novel, Dark Places and I love her. She just seems like the coolest, down to earth, person. Also, I really wanted to get my book signed by her, but she ran off before I could get to her. FAT TEARS!
3.) If you could only read one series for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Excluding Harry Potter)
The Hunger Games
4.) What is your reading pet peeve? (Something authors do that you hate)
5.) What book reminds you the most of your childhood?
To Kill a Mockingbird
6.) If you could live in any book world, what would it be? (Again, excluding Harry Potter)
I would live in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, under one condition: That Odd would love me until the end of the earth and we would make little Odd babies. Unless those conditions are met, I choose a void of existence. The End.
7.) What book would you recommend to a non-reader?
If it were someone younger, I’d recommend Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan. If they were older, I’d have to know a little about them to accurately answer that question.
8.) What book-to-movie (or TV) was the greatest disappointment for you?
CITY OF BONES
9.) What was the last book to make you cry?
The Fault in Our Stars. Who didn’t cry over that book?
10.) Where is your favorite reading spot?
In bed. Although I often fall asleep.
11.) What do you love most about reading?
Getting lost in a world that is NOT my own.
I would like to nominate these wonderful bloggers below:
Lekeisha from Lekeisha The Booknerd
Rachael Robson from Awake and Reading
Rebecca Lyman from Rebecca Book Reviews
Jessica Nicole at Ramblings on Readings
Jamie from Perpetual Page Turner
- If you could be any character, in any book, for the rest of your existence, who would it be?
- What is your one guilty pleasure?
- Who is your favorite literary villain of all time?
- What is the one classic book you can think of that should be in every single bookish person’s library arsenal?
- What is the one thing in your life that you are most proud of? (Aside from your book collection)
- What is your biggest book pet-peeve?
- Favorite saying?
- Name your favorite series, which can be Harry Potter, BUT only if you truly mean it.
- What is the one book you are ashamed or afraid of saying you didn’t like?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Which author’s books do you own the most of?